Monday, September 20, 2010

Cam, Phoenix, AZ

Who: Cam, 26
What: cotton
When: about 2 years ago
Where: Phoenix, AZ
Why: I saw this shirt and loved it right off the bat. Something about it just seemed lucky. I wore it to my doctor's appointment when we were going to find out the gender of our baby. I had told Ryan (and anyone who asked) that I didn't care what gender our baby was. That I'd just be happy with a healthy baby (that's kind of a rulebook response). But I did care. I really wanted a girl. But I didn't want to jinx it by saying so. While the ultrasound lady was doing her thing, Ry looked over and pointed at my shirt, "You're hair's covering the "es" so it looks like your shirt says "sex". We're finding out our baby's sex right now. That's kind of cool". I looked down and smiled, noting secretly that my shirt was also pink. Good omen? "It's a girl!" the lady said and I nearly burst into tears.

No comments: