Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Valerie, Brooklyn, NY

Who: Valerie
What: cotton, the smallest size they had
When: two, three months ago?
Where: Tip Top Gift, in Brooklyn, for $12
Why: It's my "costume" for a webisode James and I are working on, Army Husbands. I play Sergent Marie. It is, as you probably imagined, a spoof on the classic series Army Wives. I cut the v in the shirt myself, and I peg and roll up the sleeves to accentuate my major arm muscles.When I walked into the store, Tip Top Gifts, to buy it, the guy behind the counter looked legitimately surprised to see me come in. Despite the name, it's not your average gift store. Unless your idea of an average gift store looks like a cross between an Army Navy surplus store and and Army Navy surplus store. I went in intending to get just the shirt, but, I don't know, I kind of lost my head. I got a few other things, including a bullet shell, which I wear sometimes as a necklace. I think it makes me look tough.
Oh, what? You want to watch Army Husbands? Well, alright. If you insist. Here's Episode 1, and here's Episode 2.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

Best part of that t-shirt post: "the classic series Army Wives".

HILARIOUS.