Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Valerie "Kelly Kapowski", Brooklyn, NY



Who: Valerie
What: cotton, size med
When: Nov. 2009
Where: delia's in a Raleigh, NC mall (they have a dozen of them, I don't remember which one)
Why: I got this t-shirt during the Twilight Saga New Moon Trip 2009. I go to North Carolina whenever a Twilight movie is released to visit my bff and fellow twilight enthusiast, Annie. She and I happened upon this very special t-shirt during an otherwise uneventful shopping trip. We both gasped like we had just seen Elton John. I mean, we're children of the early 90s, and very dedicated to Saved by the Bell (I very recently watched the Las Vegas episode where Zach and Kelly get married-finally. and Jessie shows up at the last minute all tan and creepy, straight from her career killing turn in Showgirls. fantastic.). I can't imagine a bigger dream come true than actually being a Bayside High Cheerleader*. This t-shirt comes pretty close. Both Annie and I got this t-shirt, and, if hadn't been so busy seeing New Moon 3 times wthin 48 hours, we might even have had time to come up with the choreography to "We're the Bayside Tigers and we're on the prowl...".
Also, when I took this photo this morning, I tried to pretend I had a side ponytail. Can you tell?

*I also dream of being captain of the volleyball team, the swim team, student body president, and in charge of picking out class rings. Just like Kelly, Lisa, and Jessie.

2 comments:

Shiloh said...

thanks for this. also I haven't heard mention of delias since I was perhaps 17. weird

Amber Alvarez said...

I have rarely coveted like I covet now. Go Bayside!