Monday, June 21, 2010

Elizabeth, Brooklyn, NY

Who: Elizabeth
What: gray, cotton/poly blend
When: May 13, 2010
Where: from Tyson, who got it from Heather and Joe, who purchased it at Target
Why: We got them to show team spirit for the Ragnar Relay Race. This was such a unique event, especially for me, having never run a race. It all started early in the year, when you (me, Valerie) asked if I was a runner. When I said no, you said, do you want to be? And I said, yes. I'd always had good intentions. Training didn't go as well as I had hoped, and I didn't progress as fast as I wanted to, but, I'm glad I did it. It made me realize that despite all of our limitations--I'm not an athlete--nobody cares if you don't run very fast, or with any particular grace. It was just a good experience to be part of something like this race.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best shirt ever. Who designed that sweet thing? Someone should hire that dude.